Believe it or not, there are studies that prove the existence of a ripple effect of peace in the surrounding environment when a group meditates together. According to the unified field superstring theory in physics, waves of vibration flow from everything in the universe affecting the collective consciousness. Groups have the power to enliven that field. According to the Mayo Clinic web site, the following are the emotional benefits of meditation on the individual.
- Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations
- Building skills to manage your stress
- Increasing self-awareness
- Focusing on the present
- Reducing negative emotions
- Increasing imagination and creativity
- Increasing patience and tolerance
Even if you have never meditated, got frustrated with the sitting in the past, or you are an experienced meditator there is something to gain in a weekly sharing of mindful time together.