Hand & upper extremity therapy is the art and science of rehabilitation of the hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder complex, neck, and upper back. Using specialized skills in assessment, planning, and treatment, hand therapists provide therapeutic interventions to restore function and/or reverse the progression of pathology of the upper limb in order to enhance an individual’s ability to execute tasks and to participate fully in life.
The Certified Hand Therapist credential offers assurance to the public that the therapist has achieved the highest level of competency in the profession and stays up-to-date with practice in the field.
Examples of problems treated by Nancy Rieke, OT, Certified Hand Therapist:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and other nerve compression disorders
- Tennis elbow and other tendon inflammation conditions
- Lacerations to tendons and/or nerves
- Trigger finger
- Fractures of the fingers, hand, wrist, forearm, elbow, humerus, shoulder
- Post-surgical scar, edema, and sensation issues
- Rotator cuff injury