I decided to add a clinical guide each week to help you through this crazy time! Today we are just going to go over the basics for optimal wellness. It may be silly to go over these right now, however, if we can improve on the basics as a foundation, then everything else will feel much easier to incorporate.
- Sleep 7-9 hours per night
- Make sure it is in a cold, dark room with limited distractions.
- Drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day
- For example: If you weigh 200 pounds, it is suggested to drink 100 ounces of water per day.
- If the recommended amount is way more than what you are currently drinking, slowly increase the amount you are drinking.
- Eat fruits, vegetables, limited processed whole grains, nuts, seeds, and quality proteins
- And yes, you are able to eat other foods as well. Listen to what your body may be craving
- Move your body in some form every day
- I have a very hard time of doing most things “All or nothing”. Regarding movement/exercise, I tend to have this preceived notion that I have to be in the gym for 1 hour going super hard to make it “count”. But in reality, any movement for 20-30 minutes per day is the best thing you can do for yourself.
- Do something that makes you happy!
- It’s not expected of you to be happy 24/7, 365… but if we can put a smile on our face for at least a second per day, then we are doing something right.
Now for the weekly video! I’m not sure if you have heard about the Bon Appetit Test Kitchen series on YouTube, but it is a gem. Each test kitchen chef has their own personality and style of cooking and it can be very relaxing. This video is of a recipe that seems fairly simple too, so why not try it out! If you are gluten free, you can use any form of alternative pasta; my favorite is chickpea based pasta.